The bankruptcy courts in Delaware and New York are home to many business bankruptcy cases under chapter 11, as well as in chapter 7. Macauley LLC represents creditors and other parties who have an interest in these cases, including:
- Landlords or other contract parties;
- Prospective asset purchasers;
- Former or current directors, officers or employees.
Mr. Macauley's experience with representing distressed companies in reorganizations provides him with valuable insight and enhances his effectiveness in guiding parties with an interest in a bankruptcy case to achieve their goals in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Macauley LLC also regularly represents parties in lawsuits pending before the bankruptcy court. Bankruptcy cases may generate a large number of lawsuits brought by the estate representative in an effort to claw back funds to pay creditors. Macauley LLC prosecutes such litigation on behalf of a trustee, debtor, committee, liquidating trust, or other estate representative.
We also defend creditors, directors and officers and other targets of the bankruptcy estate against litigation brought by an estate representative alleging:
- Avoidable transfers, including preferences and fraudulent transfers;
- Breach of fiduciary duty against directors and officers;
- Equitable subordination and recharacterization of claims.